Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Songs of the Month - December 2010

Adam's Top 10 Songs of the Month Play List

10. Adam Sandler - Chanukah Song Parts I-III
Even though Adam Sandler's career has gone down the tubes, at least he left us with this timeless classic.

9. Dobie Gray - Drift Away
A highly underrated classic. The subtle bassline and Dobie's soulful voice is a warm comfort for these cold December days.

8. OneRepublic - Secrets
As much as I try to hate this song I can not help but relisten. Way too catchy and the lyrics really are good. Lets see if this band can stand the test of producing two successful albums.

7. The Who - Eminence Front
One of my all time favorite songs. It makes the December Top 10 list because wheneve I hear it I picture a cold Russian winter and soldiers marching in the snow. Very cold war era - Weird, right?

6. The Gregory Brothers ft. Antoine Dodson - Bed Instruder Song
Number 3 on the iTunes R&B charts, 30 million YouTube hits and it got Dodson's family into a house. This tune is representative of the impact that viral videos can have on our culture.

5. Whip My Hair - Willow Smith
Everyone knows I have an unhealthy obsession with Will Smith. His music, his one liners and overall demeanor are one of the more humorous things that exists. The fact that he is marketing his children, in this case in a provocative way, is icing on the cake - and the cake is sweet.

4. K'naan - Take a Minute
I stumbled upon this song attached to one of my Top Pick's video. Apparently I have been missing out on the hugely successful Somolian born and Canadian raised rapper K'naan. He has worked with the likes of Mos Def and even had a song featured in the World Cup. This guy is the real deal and I look forward to hearing more in the future.

3. Eminem - 25 to Life
My first thoughts upon hearing this track was: "great, another narrative about how Marshall hates his relationship, boo hoo." I think he wanted us to think that. The twist being it is really about his experience with hip-hop culture and the lifestyle associated with it. Points for being clever and not to mention the lyrics are nothing short of great.

2. Mumford & Sons - Winter Winds
This track comes from one of those rare albums that I can not stop repeating all the way through. Throw in the festive theme and the amazing sound these guys achieve and it is obvious this has to be in the top 2 for December picks.

1. moe. - Together At Christmas
The best holiday song ever. A love song about braving a winter storm with a skillful instrumental from moe.. Does it get any better?

No comments: