Friday, December 10, 2010

Top Picks of the Day - December 10th, 2010

Song - Mumford & Sons - Sigh No MoreDustbowl Dance: Anyone or any group that can pull of quoting Shakespeare and compares touring to Steinbeck is noteworthy in my book. This band and their genre usually reside outside of my favored listening sphere. Lyrically driven, instrumentally complex via simple acoustic devices - that transcend into a heavier realm in a subtle way. Among the best new bands to be produced in the UK and perhaps the world at large. Heavy rotation of their album Sigh No More for me this week and I suspect their Grammy nominations are an indication of its longevity in my Library. 

News Article: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/09/ent.jim.morrison.pardon/?hpt=T1
I love The Doors more than a friend and think Jim Morrison is an icon and all, but, why? First of all, there was never any proof that he committed the crime in the first place. Second, if he did do it, that only fuels his rock star persona - he also would not have cared or "been bothered" by dealing with this. Lastly, I am digging the nod by Crist as a fellow Doors fan, but isn't there something else you could be doing as Governor of a State that could use a lot of help in many different areas? Just saying...

Website: Since this is the first installment of my Top Picks series, I will go ahead and name drop my favorite internet site in general: Fark.com. The best source of self proclaimed not-news in the whole news sphere. I am also particularly fond of the Politics and Music sections.    

TV series: Boardwalk Empire. I plan to finish the series tonight. I have heard nothing but good to stellar things about the finale. I know, I know, why did I wait till now? I have no excuse.

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFM9oyua2z0&feature=player_embedded Miley Cyrus smoking Salvia. Enough said.

No comments: