Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Phish at the Roxy - February 19th, 20th, 21st 1993 Live CD Release

Today I was going through my usual links to check on the state of the world, which obviously right now is chaotic.  But on the positive side, upon entering Phish.com I saw that there was a news update.  I was immediately excited, thinking there was some new tour update.  I won't say I was let down, but it was just an official announcement of the release of the 1993 Roxy run in Atlanta.  I found my immediate reaction humorous due to being on pins and needles about the topic of my previous entry.  One more day of pre-sale requests! Anyway...

Phish.com officially announced today the release of an 8-CD box set from their epic run through Atlanta's Roxy on February 19th, 20th and 21st, 1993.  The article says that the run features 78 original songs and 3 special guests.  The box set will be available November 18th for 45$ through Dry Goods. Pre-orders also receive a bonus CD of the March 28th, 1992 Variety Playhouse performance also in Atlanta. Considered a prequel  to the Roxy run this show was cut short by an indoor flood, but Phish made sure to make up for it the next year  This is the first official full run release since Hampton Comes Alive and the 1998 Island Tour. Having set a precedent for three night runs and a killed second night, this is a must have for the live Phish collector.

No comments: