Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Number One

Note: This is my first attempt at this, so please bare with me. Not that it is an excuse for it sucking...

Anyway, I'm Adam Smith. I live in Blacksburg, which is a mountain town nestled in the southwestern corner of Virginia near the West Virginia border. It can be described as a small town with a big heart because it relies on a college, the fine institution of Virginia Tech, for its pulse. It has served as my home away from home for the past two and half years. Transplanting myself from the densely populated and fast paced southern region of Florida, to the low key and serene environment Blacksburg offers seemed like a logical progression. I now reflect on it that as a good decision, but as with anything, the town is not free of flaws. The remoteness of Blacksburg's location works two fold. Its isolation from any large town or city renders it an outdoor recreational playground, but also results in a severe lacking in things such as the arts and live music scenes. All is not lost in this cause though, as we do have a few local gems. Not to mention a few key cities that are frequently a worth while, if not adventurous, road trip away. After procrastinating for these past two and half years, I am now armed with a digital camera and laptop, with the intention of documenting some of my experiences around Blacksburg and wherever else my travels take me. So, here it is...

No comments: